Welcome to the "Beyond Boundaries: Exploring the Notion of Space" architecture installation design competition. This competition seeks to challenge designers and architects to push the boundaries of traditional notions of space and create innovative installations that redefine the way we perceive and interact with our built environment. The aim is to foster creativity, experimentation, and the exploration of new possibilities in architectural design.
The objective of this competition is to design an interactive architectural installation that engages with the notion of space in a thought-provoking and transformative manner. The installation should challenge conventional ideas, provoke intellectual discourse, and create a memorable experience for visitors.
Site: The competition site is a centrally located public square in a bustling urban setting. The square provides a unique opportunity to engage with a diverse range of people, from locals to tourists, and should be considered as a significant point of connection and interaction. (Select a location based on above description)
1. Notion of Space: The design should explore and express the notion of space in an innovative and compelling way. It should challenge conventional perceptions, break boundaries, and encourage visitors to reconsider their understanding of spatial experiences.
2. Interaction and Engagement: The installation should actively engage visitors, encouraging them to interact, explore, and participate. Consider incorporating elements such as interactive surfaces, immersive technologies, or participatory elements that invite collaboration and dialogue.
3. Materiality and Form: Pay attention to the materiality and form of the installation. The materials used should be durable, sustainable, and suitable for outdoor conditions. The form should be visually striking and harmonious with the surrounding environment while maintaining its uniqueness and identity.
4. Safety and Accessibility: Ensure the design prioritizes safety for all visitors. Consider universal accessibility, providing equal opportunities for people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds to engage with the installation.
5. Sustainability: Incorporate sustainable design principles into the installation. Consider renewable energy sources, responsible material choices, and low-impact construction methods to minimize the environmental footprint of the installation.
• This competition is open to all.
• You can participate individually or as a team (Maximum 4 members in a team)