Sound to Space:
Use the sense of sound to design architectural space that depicts emotions and humanizes the habitable volume encompassed by walls. Use your auditory sense to develop an abstract architectural space that exhibits emotions of itself.
The process of designing is as follows:
• Listen to the music pieces.
• Select any one of the four music pieces.
• Analyze the music and understand the emotion.
• Word those emotions to further translate them into architectural space.
• Be able to encompass a volume that depicts your understanding of the emotion in the music.
Design an abstract architectural space influenced by sound.
• Aural: relating to ear or sense of hearing.
• Music: vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.
• Architectural Space: Space expresses something invisible and intangible to the design in terms of shape, colors & material.
“To hear a sound is to see a space.”
– Louis I Kahn.
Sound - Abstraction - Function - Design Development