Welcome to the "Enhancing Urban Experience: Street Furniture Design Competition." This design competition aims to explore innovative and sustainable solutions to enhance the urban environment by creating functional, aesthetically pleasing, and inclusive street furniture. We are seeking creative designs that reflect the unique character of our city while providing comfort, convenience, and safety for pedestrians and community members. This competition provides an opportunity for designers to showcase their talent, contribute to the urban landscape, and make a positive impact on the lives of city dwellers.
Design Brief: Participants are invited to submit design proposals for street furniture that can be incorporated into various urban settings such as parks, sidewalks, plazas, and public spaces. The street furniture should address the needs of a diverse range of users, including residents, visitors, and people with disabilities, while considering environmental sustainability and durability.
1. Functionality: The street furniture should serve a specific purpose, such as seating, shading, lighting, bicycle parking, waste management, or interactive elements. Designs should prioritize usability, comfort, and convenience for users.
2. Aesthetics: The furniture should enhance the visual appeal of the urban environment, incorporating elements that harmonize with the existing architecture, landscape, or cultural context. Designs should be visually engaging, timeless, and adaptable to different urban settings.
3. Accessibility and Inclusivity: Designs should be inclusive and consider the needs of people with disabilities or limited mobility. Incorporating universal design principles and ensuring accessibility for all individuals is crucial.
4. Sustainability: The competition encourages environmentally friendly designs that utilize sustainable materials, incorporate energy-efficient features, and consider the life cycle of the furniture. Designs should also explore the possibility of integrating renewable energy sources.
5. Safety and Security: Street furniture should prioritize user safety and security. Consideration should be given to factors such as durability, vandal resistance, lighting, and visibility.
• This competition is open to all.
• You can participate individually or as a team (Maximum 4 members in a team)